• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Moly's Trusted Application

Moly

Subject of the Heartlands
Gold Crowns
§¤40
Solar
¤557
Bronze Pieces
0₱
Nation
The Realm of Albion
Character Race
Common Human
User name: Moly

What is your username? Moly

What is your age range? 22-25

When did you become a member? Sep 1, 2017

How did you make your Subject Oath? Jan 1, 1970

What part of Alexandria do you enjoy the most? Discord :D

Why do you want to become a Trusted Member?
I like orange. I was told to apply. I've been a member in good standing for a while now, and try to always greet new people in discord. I don't really go on the forum much but I see myself as a part of the community and lots of folks as my friends.

First Sponsor Olivia

Second Sponsor Kellina

Third Sponsor George Cromartie

Artemis

Forum Administrator
Nenya
Gold Crowns
§¤125
Solar
¤1,160
Bronze Pieces
54₱
House Membership
Moltera
FFXIV Character
Artemis Moltera
Nation
The Kingdom of Alexandria
Character Race
High Elf
What are ways that we as a community and you as a trusted member can integrate new members into the community of Alexandria? How would you propose implemententing this?

Moly

Gold Crowns
§¤40
Solar
¤557
Bronze Pieces
0₱
Nation
The Realm of Albion
Character Race
Common Human
What do you think Alexandria needs to do in order to improve the forum activity?
The major differences between the forum and Discord are longevity of posts (Discord is instant & short-lived, while forum posts can and will be looked at many months later too) and the way you interact with people. I think it's only natural that an active Discord siphons activity from the forum - pretty much the same thing has and still is happening in Albion - but to foster forum activity, it's gonna be important to leverage the strengths of the forum as a medium for roleplay and community. Roleplay is pretty much self-explanatory, the forum remains the premier place to tell great stories, and far more elaborately than would be feasible on discord. But other elements can come into play too, such as the economy system which could be fleshed out as a minigame of sorts - similar to now when posting etc rewards currency, but the things to spend it on would have to be meaningful for that to be any incentive.
For the second part, community, it'd be things like games, contests and festivals. Spam games are one example of that, but RP tournaments, Avatar Contests and various other things in this vein could pull more people onto the fourm and hopefully keep them there as well.

What are ways that we as a community and you as a trusted member can integrate new members into the community of Alexandria? How would you propose implemententing this?
I don't think there's much of a difference between how I can integrate new members as a trusted member to before - I'd still greet them, answer their questions, have conversations with them and point them in the right direction and generally be approachable and friendly. Those things aren't somehow different because of an orange name, except perhaps in perception. The best thing we can do as a community is simply to be friendly and welcoming, and I think we're doing a great job of that already.

Moly

Gold Crowns
§¤40
Solar
¤557
Bronze Pieces
0₱
Nation
The Realm of Albion
Character Race
Common Human
Do neutrinos have mass?
They do, but not very much. In fact, it has so little that it was long thought to not have any rest mess, and because it doesn't participate in strong interactions (due to being a lepton), gravitation is negligible at this subatomic level and the weak force has extremely short range the neutrino usually passes through matter unimpeded and undetected.
Thank you for the reply :)
Of course :)

Romic

Prince and Fourth Son of Joshua Moltera
Site Supporter
Gold Crowns
§¤20
Solar
¤175
Bronze Pieces
0₱
House Membership
Moltera
Nation
Character Race
Common Human
What do you believe we as community members could/should improve on and if you were a trusted member how does that affect you?

Artemis

Forum Administrator
Nenya
Gold Crowns
§¤125
Solar
¤1,160
Bronze Pieces
54₱
House Membership
Moltera
FFXIV Character
Artemis Moltera
Nation
Character Race
High Elf
As you might be aware, staff is often chosen from the ranks of trusted members. If you were asked to server an a staff role, what type of position would you prefer? Discord Moderator or Forum Moderator?

Moly

Gold Crowns
§¤40
Solar
¤557
Bronze Pieces
0₱
Nation
The Realm of Albion
Character Race
Common Human
What do you believe we as community members could/should improve on and if you were a trusted member how does that affect you?
Honestly? I'd pretty much carry on as I have. Greeting people, helping newbies, you know. The family business. Ahem. Meaning to say, I'd continue to bring my charm and eloquence to the daily ongoings of Alexandria's Discord as well as be active, engaging and friendly. As a trusted member I'd do my best to turn that up to 11. Not much more to say than that tbh.
As you might be aware, staff is often chosen from the ranks of trusted members. If you were asked to server an a staff role, what type of position would you prefer? Discord Moderator or Forum Moderator?
Given where most of my activity lies, the answer is pretty easily Discord Moderator.

Artemis

Forum Administrator
Nenya
Gold Crowns
§¤125
Solar
¤1,160
Bronze Pieces
54₱
House Membership
Moltera
FFXIV Character
Artemis Moltera
Nation
Character Race
High Elf
Where do you want to see the community of Alexandria head? What are things that you want to see changed? What would you like to see remain?

If you could be the community owner for a day, what would you do?

Moly

Gold Crowns
§¤40
Solar
¤557
Bronze Pieces
0₱
Nation
The Realm of Albion
Character Race
Common Human
Where do you want to see the community of Alexandria head?
A vibrant, creative, friendly community that has thriving roleplay, gaming and social facets.

What are things that you want to see changed?
Not so much change as added - I'd love to see some (more) community events, like competition or gaming nights, more gaming together (perhaps a list of what multiplayer games everyone is playing, so we can contact others who play stuff like fortnite, league, various MMOs, etc..., as well as a repository of battletags etc).
Additionally the already mentioned avatar and other contests, stuff like that would be cool to see. Bringing the community closer together, with a special focus on inviting and involving newer members. Ideally planned somewhat in advance, with a calendar to refer to.

What would you like to see remain?
This is a tough question. In the end, what matters most is the enthusiasm the members & staff bring towards making the community great. If I could pick one thing to remain and lose everything else, it would be that - as long as the enthusiasm is there, it'll be a great community regardless of everything else.

If you could be the community owner for a day, what would you do?
Make an official WoW guild on Argent Dawn - EU ;D