Article Four - By Edict of the Sovereign
1. The Prime Palatine of the South is empowered by Royal Edict, on this day, Steorrdæg, 19 Thynbloth in the year 818 to decide, without consideration to this document, the occupants of the Landgravias of Sailwatch and Athenus, pending confirmation and approval from the Crown.
2. House Isaraider, nor any descendants in their name are not permitted to lay claim to any vacant title or holding within the Southern Reaches without prior consent of the Prime Palatine of Dardania.
3. House Montresor, nor any descendants in their name are not permitted to lay claim to any vacant title or holding within the Southern Reaches without prior consent of the Prime Palatine of Dardania.
4. The Crown reserves the right, to amend their judgement regarding 2 and 3.
5. The holding of Lystra is to be stripped from Yuno Isaraider.
6. The Prime Palatine of the South is empowered as per clause 1 to decide without restriction, the occupant of the holding of Lystra, under the same conditions set out in clause 1.
7. Taz Dracoseir may petition for their holding to be returned should they meet the conditions decided by the Prime Palatine of the Southern Reaches, providing the holding is vacant.
8. The Isle and City of Vazos is to be entered into the Stewardship of the Prime Palatine of Dardania until the ruling Landgrave, Lord Blythe is able to return to his duties or until the Crown issues an edict to the contrary.
Following the final defeat of the Insurgency and the elimination of criminal elements aligned with them, the Southern Reaches is returning to normality. Prime-Palatine George Cromartie thanks all those who have worked tirelessly to secure the freedom, safety and stability of all subjects of the Southern Reaches. In particular, he thanks soldiers of the Kingsguard, Mages Guild of Abydos and the Lords of Dracoseir, Avanral and Khronion for their efforts and sacrifice. The Insurgency affected all of us, and many families lost loved ones, homes or businesses. We are rebuilding, and from the ashes of Terenuthis comes a new South, an outward looking, strong and stable Southern Reaches. In order to help build this new South, the following is so decree;
1. Militia and Military of the Southern Reaches
1. The Militias of Sailwatch, Montresoria and Atticus will be reformed from the Southern Knights and shall once again be their own entities, to be organised by the Palatinate.
2. The militia of Sailwatch shall form a naval unit to act as a coastal guard, protecting shipping and rescuing those lost at sea.
3. The militias of Atticus and Montresoria shall form dedicated Elven and Dwarven units to be armed and organised according to the need of their commanders.
4. All militias of the Southern Reaches shall have their offices trained from an Officer's Training School to be located in Dardania, near to the Military Academy that will be built in Dardania
5. The Militias of all other counties outside of Dracoseia shall continue to be maintained in their current guises.
Per the authority delegated to the Prime-Palatine as set out in the Realization of Taxation Act, the following tariffs are set throughout the entirety of the Southern Reaches:
1. Cattle tax on each head of cattle shall be 350 bronze pieces per head of cattle;
2. Hearth Tax on a single hearth or fireplace shall be 2 Silver Solars annually and above a single hearth or fireplace the Hearth Tax shall be set at 7 Silver Solars per hearth annually;
3. The Tallage shall be set up to a rate of 20 Silver Solars per land grant annually;
4. The Burgage shall be 25 Silver Solars per burgher plot annually;
5. Tax revenue shall be delivered to Dardania where upon it shall be counted and audited and reports submitted to the Keeper of the Treasury in accordance with existing law.
1. The ongoing developments to the cities of Dardania and Athenus shall continue as shall the expanding of the Port of Sailwatch.
2. The road from Dardania to Bithynia shall be expanded and widened to better facilitate trade and commerce from the north of the Southern Reaches to the southern counties.
3. The development of a canal system between the eastern and western sides of the Southern Reaches, to dramatically reduce the transit time for goods and people.
4. Other Provisions
1. As a reward for their loyalty to the Crown and to the Price-Palatine, the island of Tenedus, formerly part of the County of Sailwatch, shall be joined to the County of Cilicia and made part of Lord Avanral Dracoseir's holdings
2. The islands of Vazos shall be exempted from the tariff on hearths.
It started with a decree by the Prince-Palatine. George Cromartie, fresh off of defending Dereliction of Duty charges against some of his vassals, had seen three of this nobles stripped of their holdings, and not the ones who had been charged. It was, George reflected, a good exchange for him, and payback for losing Raen some time ago. Sailwatch was returned to the fold, along with the counties of Attica and Motresoria. He doubted the Dracoseir's would be pleased, and hoped that handing Tenedus over to them would at least soften the blow. Beyond that, he could nothing for them. Sailwatch would become the important port he had demanded Taz Dracoseir make it, and if he had to do it himself, then so be it.
The Decree had been drafted whilst on-route to Dardania from the enlightened city. His time in the capital was over for now and the real work of reshaping the Southern Reaches could begin. He had the blessing of Prince Romic to marry his daughter Kaitlin, and the support of both Sovereigns. His son Colm would be returning from Merridel soon and for once, George Cromartie was both content and secure in his position. His star was rising and he would not waste the chance.